Who would find this resource useful?
Leaders and facilitators helping organisations to function and to develop, and anyone interested in fostering healthy human organisation
An organisation might use this resource when….
- Seeking to better understand your own organisation or those you work with
- Seeking to better understand and facilitate change in organisations
- Seeking to enrich the practice of anyone supporting organisations in their challenges of working, learning, growing and changing to meet the needs of our complex world
- Exploring relationships and power dynamics
- Improving organisational learning
How can this resource help?
This is a practical, do-it-yourself guide for leaders and facilitators wanting to help organisations to function and to develop in more healthy, human and effective ways. The guide, with its supporting website, includes tried and tested concepts, approaches, tools, stories and activities to help us understand:
- Ourselves and our roles as leaders and facilitators, as we try to understand and facilitate change in organisations.
- The significance of relationships and power dynamics in organisations and organisational change processes
- How to read organisations, including how organisations tend to move through various phases of development, how we might facilitate change and the challenges we all face in implementing or sustaining change
- The processes of building learning organisations, how we can continually learn both from our own experiences and the experiences of others.
Also see Tools and techniques for managing change.